When we announced the FNA-Ds in February we never anticipated that it would take this long to get the first samples, but we’re pleased to announce that the factory has finished the EP samples of the OO version and that we’ve opened our order book – you can order direct from us or from any of our retailers all at the same excellent price of £32.95 per wagon (sold in singles). Our model has been produced under licence from DRS/NTS and we’re very grateful for all their help on this model (along with that of WH Davis who built the wagons).
The FNA-D nuclear flask carriers were built by WH Davis from 2014 to replace older nuclear flask wagons. The FNA-D nuclear flask carriers are used across the network to transport spent fuel from nuclear power stations to Sellafield. The FNA-D nuclear flask wagons typically run in rakes of 1-4 wagons mostly with two locos either double-headed or top-and-tailed.
The models feature a wealth of accurately-applied detail to replicate the real thing! Check out the under frame detailing below including the prototypical see-through area where the flask sits!
The models feature our usual high levels of detail and features:
- Produced under licence from DRS
- Highly accurate OO gauge model, 1:76.2 scale on 16.5mm track
- All models share the same livery with 8 different running numbers available
- Accurate underframe detailing
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius)
- Bogies include separate brake shoes in line with wheels
- RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels on 26mm length, 2mm diameter axles (to make conversion to EM/P4 easy)
- Sprung buffers
- Kinetic NEM coupler sockets mounted on the body with mini-tension-lock couplers
We’ve also been working on which models to offer and we’re pleased to offer 8 different running numbers, all in the attractive teal livery.
The N gauge version is in tooling at the moment and we will have some news of this over the next few weeks.
You can place your pre-orders now either direct with us (using our deposit system if you prefer) or with any of our retailers – all at the same excellent value price of £32.95 per wagon!