Revolution is teaming up with Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield to offer 66788 Locomotion 15 as part of the Railway Icons range.
GBRf’s 66788 was named in September 2019 to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the opening of Locomotion in Shildon, partner museum to the National Railway Museum in York and home to a large number of historic items from the national collection. 66788 will be correctly depicted as the former EWS locomotive 66238 acquired by GBRf in 2018. The model will feature accurate details including swing-head buckeye coupler and control lever, loco location beacon on the horn grille and original BMAC design lights. It will not have the distinctive driver cab mirrors as these have been removed by GBRf.
The model can be preordered now from either Locomotion Model or Rails of Sheffield and is priced at £159.95 (DC Silent) or £254.95 (DCC Sound.)
All our models have the following common features:
- Next generation heavy, diecast chassis with smooth running, low friction and low geared design (weight 100g+)
- Highly detailed injection moulded body with photo-etched and wire details and separate plastic parts
- Lift off, easy-access central body section (as per the prototype!) to allow access to the decoder socket and switches
- Prototype body detail variations eg bodyshells, bogies, underframes, headlights, handrails, cab windows, buffers, tie-down loops, lights, sandboxes and couplers
- Etched nameplates supplied (where appropriate)
- Buffer beam detailing: one end super-detailed with solid air dam, air pipes and cosmetic coupler all fitted. Alternative solid air dam supplied for coupler end, and open air dam for those wishing to couple at both ends
- Working accurate headlights including working marker lights. Lights switchable using easy to access microswitches or with DCC
- Next 28 (ESU E24) decoder socket (see our Class 59 video for more details) and factory fitted speaker for easy sound fitting
- Fine wheels to NMRA RP25 standards
- Body-mounted, kinematic close couplers with NEM coupler sockets