An N gauge (1:148) model (twin pack) of BR’s Borail BRA rail carrying wagons. The Borail BRA wagons were originally built in 1959-61 as vacuum braked Borail BRVs. In 1981-2 150 of the 165 Borails were converted to Borail BRAs with new Y25 bogies, air brakes, new bolsters (6 instead of 5) and a low body added on top of the original deck and repainted into Railfreight red. Later these wagons were moved into Departmental use as YLA Mullets and YQA Parrs.
The primary use of the Borail BRAs continued to be transport of bulk rail deliveries from British Steel’s Workington rail plant to BR’s depots eg Castleton PAD.
Our model will feature:
- twin pack of wagons (each individually numbered and with prototypical livery variations)
- accurate details of bogie type, brake gear/brake wheels and buffer differences
- highly detailed plastic body with diecast body/underframe
- NMRA RP25 wheelsets on 12.25mm axles
- NEM close couplers with kinematic coupler sockets with dummy screwlink couplers
Please note that you are pre-ordering a model which is in development and will be delivered in the future (in return for a discounted price).
Prototype pictures courtesy of Paul Bartlett (with great thanks!)