A OO gauge (1:76.2) model (twin pack) of BR’s Borail BRV rail or beam carrier built 1959-61. 165 vacuum braked Borails were built to diagrams 1/482 (Borail and diagram 1/483 (Borail). The Borails were built with 8′ plate bogies and vacuum brakes.
The original use for the Borails was to carry rail or beams. The usefulness of the design (particularly the flat Borail EC) soon saw them used for other uses including: second hand tractors being transported from Cambridge to Fishguard/Holyhead; and ordnance containers/military vehicles to Donnington.
All were painted in bauxite/brown which weathered quickly in use. The Borails remained in this livery from 1959 until they were re-built in 1981-2.
Our model will feature:
- twin pack of wagons (each individually numbered and with prototypical livery variations)
- choice of Borail EB/MB/EC pairs of wagons
- accurate details of bogie type, brake gear/brake wheels and buffer differences
- highly detailed plastic body with diecast body/underframe
- NMRA RP25.110 wheelsets on 26mm axles
- NEM coupler sockets
Please note that you are pre-ordering a model which is in development and will be delivered in the future (in return for a discounted price).
Prototype pictures courtesy of Paul Bartlett (with great thanks!)
Diagrams may show N gauge versions