The Class 175 and Class 180 are both members of the Alstom Coradia family of units and share many common features and parts. 27 Class 175 units, in a mix of two and three car configurations, were ordered by First North Western in 1997 with the first delivered in 1999. They were used on services between Birmingham, Holyhead, Llandudno, Manchester and Barrow. Later they transferred to Arriva Trains Wales and were introduced on the Welsh Marches line to Cardiff, reaching Fishguard and the Pembroke Coast. Since 2018 they have been in the service of Transport for Wales and are now seen from south west Wales and Holyhead across to Stockport, Manchester Piccadilly and Birmingham International.
Our OO gauge (1:76.2 scale) model of the class 175 DMU will feature our normal features:
- choice of highly detailed 2 or 3 car diesel multiple unit (175/0 are 2 car units and 175/1 are 3 car units)
- working, directional lights
- user switchable lighting functions
- low profile drive unit
- kinematic close coupling with electrical connections between cars
- detailed interior
- DCC decoder socket
- Fine wheelsets to NMRA RP25 standards
- Designed for Peco radius 2 curves
Please note that you are placing an order for a model in development – in exchange for pre-ordering you receive a lower price but your model will not be sent for 12-18 months (you can follow developments on our website and social media).