The Class 175 and Class 180 are both members of the Alstom Coradia family of units and share many common features and parts. The Class 180 units are a 5-car 125mph high-speed express member of the Coradia family. 14 sets were ordered by First Great Western and given the brand name ‘Adelante’, which means ‘go ahead’ in Spanish. Intended for high speed express services to South Wales and later used for fast commuter trains from Oxford, Gloucester and Exeter to London. Hull Trains used four Class 180s, though these units have recently been transferred to East Midlands railway and are now in use between London St Pancras, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield. Grand Central introduced two units for its services between London Kings Cross, Sunderland and Bradford, and now has ten in operation in its striking black and orange livery.
Our OO gauge (1:76.2 scale) model of the class 180 DMU will feature our normal features:
- highly detailed 5 car diesel multiple unit
- working, directional lights
- user switchable lighting functions
- low profile drive unit
- kinematic close coupling with electrical connections between cars
- detailed interior
- DCC decoder socket (21 pin MTC) – one decoder needed per unit
- Twin speakers – one in each driving car
- Fine wheelsets to NMRA RP25 standards
- Designed for Peco radius 2 curves
Please note that you are placing an order for a model in development – in exchange for pre-ordering you receive a lower price but your model will not be sent for 12-18 months (you can follow developments on our website and social media).