The Class 313 and 314 are part of the PEP (Prototype Electro Pneumatic) family of units and were based on designs developed in the early 1970s for a new type of commuter train. The main fleet built between 1976 and 1981 comprised Classes 313 (Great Northern), 314 (Scottish region), 315 (Great Eastern), 507 (Merseyside) and 508 (Southern, then Merseyside) units. The class 313 introduced innovative features such as Tightlock couplers and sliding doors, and were the first British units to incorporate both pantograph and third rail pick ups. The class 313s are currently the oldest units in service on the mainland, with some now 43 years old.
Our N gauge (1:148 scale) model of the class 313 “PEP” EMU will feature our normal features:
- highly detailed 3 car electric multiple unit
- working, directional lights (with different appropriate styles for each version – original or revised)
- user switchable lighting functions
- low profile drive unit (in centre car)
- kinematic close coupling with electrical connections between cars
- detailed interior
- realistic pantograph
- DCC decoder socket (next 18)
- Fine wheelsets to NMRA RP25 standards
The class 313 will be offered in DC silent (though there will be a DCC socket for those who wish to fit their own decoder) or DCC sound fitted options. (Please note that DCC sound functions will be limited to traction sounds on DC).
We are offering 2 numbers for you to choose from: 313030 First Capital Connect urban lights or 313059 Great Northern urban lights.
Please note that you are placing a pre-order for a product to be produced!