The FNA-D nuclear flask carriers were built by WH Davis from 2014 to replace older nuclear flask wagons, and are used across the network to transport spent fuel from nuclear power stations to Sellafield. They typically run in rakes of 1-4 wagons mostly with two locos either double-headed or top-and-tailed.
Our model features:
- Produced under licence from DRS/NTS with the assistance of WH Davis
- Highly accurate OO gauge model, 1:76.2 scale on 16.5mm track
- All models share the same livery with 8 different running numbers available
- Accurate underframe detailing
- Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius)
- Bogies include separate brake shoes in line with wheels
- RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels on 26mm length, 2mm diameter axles (to make conversion to EM/P4 easy)
- Sprung buffers
- Kinetic NEM coupler sockets mounted on the body with mini-tension-lock couplers
All versions have the same white/teal green livery but with different running numbers and prototypical variations in lettering and warning panels.