The IPA wagons were originally converted as twin-wagon sets in France in the 1980s (though they are based on much older wagon frames) and used by STVA on car traffic. The IPA-As were first introduced into the UK around 1992 in the light grey STVA livery and have run over large parts of the network transporting new cars and vans.
Our IPA car carriers are being offered in N gauge (1:148 scale). The models feature:
- injection-moulded plastic bodies with diecast decks,
- separately fitted detail parts appropriate for each variant,
- kinematic NEM couplers on the outer ends and an inner coupler ensuring the wagons are a scale distance apart
We are offering three detail variants representing:
- the original flat wagons,
- the flat wagons with stakes and
- the flat wagons with roof and side covers (introduced around 2005).
Each variant is a twin-set of wagons which are available with two different running numbers per livery so that you can have a variety of designs, liveries and numbers on your layout. All the variants run together in prototype formations.
We are also offering quad sets of the covered versions which are available here.