The MTV/ZKV Zander wagons were built in 1975 by Standard Wagon works to diagram 1/193 (lot number 3859) from redundant 35t tank wagon chassis. The wagons were given TOPS code MTV and numbered B390000-390149 for revenue use in carrying sand and aggregates, later they were also used to carry salt, plate iron and scrap. During the late 1980s some of the MTVs started to be transferred to departmental use as ZKV Zander wagons and by 1990 all were out of revenue use. Some of the engineers wagons received a yellow stripe around the top of the wagon while others had full repaints into “Dutch” grey/yellow livery and a few were even branded for “Mainline” prior to the privatisation of Trainload Freight (into what became EWS). As ZKV Zanders they continued to see use on engineers trains well into the late 1990s.
Like the real wagons, our model uses the chassis from our highly-regarded 35t tank wagon. The MTV/ZKV Zander models will have the following features:
- NEM close-couplers
- highly detailed chassis appropriate to the prototype
- wide choice of liveries and numbers – we are offering a mix of single wagons and triple packs (all have unique running numbers and appropriate livery variations):
- BR freight brown MTV (revenue service) with triple packs of Stone and Sand wagons and single wagons for salt and general traffic pools
- ZKV Zander departmental brown with yellow stripe livery with and without Mainline branding (3 versions)
- ZKV Zander departmental “Dutch” grey/yellow livery with and without Mainline branding (2 versions)
Please note you are placing a pre-order for a model under development.