A OO gauge (1:76.2) model (twin pack) of YQA Super Tench engineers wagons. The YQA Super Tench were originally built in 1959-61 as Borails. In 1981-2 150 of the 165 Borails were converted to Borail BRAs with new Y25 bogies, air brakes, new bolsters (6 instead of 5) and a low body added on top of the original deck. Around 2010 EWS rebuilt (again) some of the wagons by removing the low body and ISO engineers’ modules with drop-down doors and mesh sides were fitted.
Our model will feature:
- twin pack of wagons (each individually numbered and with prototypical livery variations)
- accurate details of bogie type, brake gear/brake wheels and buffer differences
- highly detailed plastic body with diecast body/underframe
- NMRA RP25.110 wheelsets on 26mm axles
- NEM couplers with dummy screwlink couplers
Please note that you are pre-ordering a model which is in development and will be delivered in the future (in return for a discounted price).
Prototype pictures courtesy of Dan Adkins (with great thanks!)
Diagrams may show N gauge versions